Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kiss Up to the Queen!

Introduction by Courtney Sampson, Publicity & Media Relations Intern

Hey friends,
If you haven't met Denae Pyle yet, you're in for a real treat! Denae became the official hostess of our State Fair when she earned the title of 2010 Indiana State Fair Queen. Occasionally, we will re-post some of Denae's entries from her personal blog, "Pig Crazy Queen," which she updates regularly on her journey visiting Indiana's County Fairs and the Indiana State Fair. Get to know her as she chronicles A Day in the Life of a Pig Crazy Queen.

Th-th-th-that's all, folks!
Courtney

Holy Cow! Uh, I mean, Holy Pig! I’m here at the 2010 Great Indiana State Fair, and I’m busy meeting our fairgoers! Have you attended the State Fair “Year of Pigs” yet? Before time runs out…I wanted to let you all know that I am excited to be a part of the American Diabetes Association’s “Kiss a Pig” fundraiser to help the 24 million Americans who suffer from diabetes. If you feel compelled to “vote” for me, you can go to the following website http://bit.ly/bHwXqX, and make a donation.

Each dollar counts as one vote towards me “Kissing a Pig” on August 19 at 10:30 a.m. on the Buckle Up Main Street Stage at the Indiana State Fair! All of the donations go directly towards the American Diabetes Association to help stop diabetes across America and our great Hoosier state. I want to “Kiss a Pig” to show our gratitude towards pigs – Did you know pigs were the first source of insulin for humans with diabetes?

Thank you, thank you to everyone who has already donated! Again, I hope to see you all at the Indiana State Fair sometime soon – it lasts until Aug. 22! Please feel free to stop me and say “Hi!” I have my own golf cart, but you’ll probably recognize me with my long, red, curly hair and tiara!

Here are a few shots – hangin’ out at the State Fair!
Thank you all so much for your support throughout this summer!
See you at the fair.
- Denae













Submitted by: Courtney Sampson, Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment