Thursday, June 24, 2010

Don't judge a book by its cover at clearance sales!

When I was a child, I would often accompany my parents and older sister to discount book sales and, many times, I’d walk out with a stack of books taller than me.

There’s nothing like heaving huge piles of books to the side before finding that one story you’ve been scouring the earth for. It’s also refreshing picking up a text you never expected to find or buy, but the price that day was just right for the book to make it into your tote bag.

Perhaps I’ll relive my childhood days during this weekend’s Half Price Books Indianapolis Clearance Sale at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. The book store chain is bringing in 200,000 books, mostly older and newer titles – but not current bestsellers. The chain will also offer up CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes.

The best part? Everything is $3 or less. If that’s not incentive enough, maybe I’ll be lucky and be one of the first 200 shoppers each day – those fortunate folks get free tote bags.

The show is free and runs 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday in the Ag-Hort Building – that’s the big building by the Midway arch.

Good thing there’s plenty of parking near the building – I might need a close spot if I once again walk out with a stack of books taller than me!

Submitted by Kristofer Karol

No comments:

Post a Comment