Saturday, July 7, 2012

Brewers Show-off their Best Batches of Beer


I would never consider myself to be a beer connoisseur.  To be honest, before this evening I couldn’t tell you the difference between a porter and a pilsner to save my life.  So needless to say, I was a little out of my element at tonight’s awards dinner for the Indiana State Fair Brewers’ Cup Competition.  

The ceremony wrapped up the two-day contest where amateur and professional brewers from all over the country submitted their best batches of beer to a panel of over 80 judges.  These judges tasted and scored 1,124 beers, a new record for the Brewers’ Cup.

Tonight the judges honored the winners of each of the 23 divisions for homebrewers and professionals plus the contest’s overall winners.


Zionsville’s Tom Wallbank won the title “Homebrewer of the Year” with three first place awards and one second place award.  



For the second year in a row, Bier Brewery walked away with the “Brewers of Indiana Guild Champion Brewery” trophy.

Ryan Connor of Bier Brewery credits his older brother Darren for being the brains behind Bier’s tasty brews.

“This feels great,” Darren Connor said right after winning the trophy. “I’m going to Disney World now!”

No comments:

Post a Comment