Friday, June 22, 2012

Half Price Books Clearance Sale

As a journalism major, I love books and entertainment media. As a recent college graduate, I am stingy with my money. You may be able to relate to one or both of these characterizations. So on a normal day, Half Price Books is paradise. If there is anything better than paradise, a Half Price Books clearance sale is that. Yes, it somehow gets even better than half price. I know. Breathe.

This weekend, the Indiana State Fair is hosting the Half Price Books clearance sale, where everything is $3 or less! Looking for a good summer read or two? Well, you can get two books here for less than you can buy one new book at a store. You can also browse through the hundreds and hundreds of CDs spanning all genres and decades. This is particularly great for me because I love listening to embarrassing 90s music, and everyone else apparently loves getting rid of that stuff as quickly as possible. (Why people don't cherish that "Big Willie Style" CD is a mystery to me.) Last time I was at Half Price Books, I found Britney Spears' album, "Oops, I Did It Again." You better believe I bought it. And you better believe I blared it unashamedly on the way home with the windows down.

So drop by the Ag/Hort building at the Indiana State Fair any time today until 7 p.m., Saturday June 23 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday June 24 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. As if the bargain prices weren't enough, there is also the opportunity for free stuff! (Keep breathing.) The first 200 customers each day will receive a FREE reusable tote bag.

Click here for more information. See you at the sale!

- Katie, State Fair intern


No comments:

Post a Comment