Thursday, February 9, 2012

Enter the World of Wheels


I’ll be honest - I don’t know a camshaft from a driveshaft. I’ve never changed my own oil. I have no desire to spend a Saturday afternoon swapping out sparkplugs. I don’t even wax my Honda Accord. But for some strange reason, I could look at cool cars and antique automobiles all day long.

That’s why I’m excited about the return of this weekend’s O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 World of Wheels. This show has been around more than 50 years and always has an incredible collection of awesome hot rods, classic cars, custom motorcycles and more!



There’s just something about seeing (and sometimes touching) these vehicles all painted and polished and ready to roll. Must be a guy thing. But it’s a family thing, too, with slot car racing and other fun things to check out and enjoy.



There’s just something about seeing (and sometimes touching) these vehicles all painted and polished and ready to roll. Must be a guy thing. But it’s a family thing, too, with slot car racing and other fun things to check out and enjoy.

This year, the show will also have a strong line-up of celebrities to meet and greet … especially for the guys. Appearing this year are:



TV’s Spongebob Squarepants Friday, 6-9 p.m.
Sat., 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sun. 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.




Deena “The Blast” Nicole from “Jersey Shore” Sat., 1-5 p.m.




WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio Sat., 1-3 p.m.




Reality TV celebrity Billy the Exterminator Sun. noon-5 p.m.





So you don’t have to be a car buff or a grease monkey to enjoy this show, but if you are, clear your weekend schedule. You’ll need plenty of time to make your way through all three buildings of displays, stages and exhibits. Vrrrroooooommm!

Submitted by Andy Klotz

No comments:

Post a Comment